WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE DO
Wyld Coffee Company Ltd. collects and processes personal information through the following areas of operations:
- Our website offers a user-friendly way for individuals to purchase our coffee and $2 from every bag sold goes to the charity of their choice, donated on their behalf from Wyld Coffee Company Ltd., or fundraise for their favourite Canadian charities through selling our coffee for as an alternative form of fundraising. Wyld Coffee Company Ltd. collects and processes the clients/donor’s personal information submitted through the Website. At the client/donor’s express request, Wyld Coffee Company Ltd. may also disclose personal information about its individual client/donors to the charities they support.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU?
Personal information means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include personal information where all references to the identity of the relevant individual have been removed (anonymous personal information).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal information about you which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity Personal information includes:
- username or similar identifier,
- first name, last name, title, company you work for, and in the case of individuals representing charities using our service, your job title, role and/or level of experience.
- Contact Personal information includes address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Personal information includes bank account, credit card details.
- Transaction Personal information includes details about payments to you (refunds) and from you (donations) and purchase of products (including a gift card).
- Technical Personal information includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login personal information, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Profile Personal information includes your username and password, donations made by you, your interests, preferences, surveys, and feedback.
- Usage Personal information includes information about how you use our website and our Services.
- Marketing and Communications Personal information includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal information about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health, and genetic and biometric information). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
This website is not intended for children under the age of 18 and we do not knowingly collect personal information relating to children.
HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED?
We use different methods to collect personal information from and about you including through:
- Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity, Contact, Transaction and Financial Personal information by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal information you provide when you:
- Sign-up for an account and update your account;
- Make a purchase/donation
- Request marketing to be sent to you; or
- Give us feedback or contact us.
- Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with our website, we will automatically collect Technical Personal information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal information by using cookies, pixels, server logs and other similar technologies. We may also receive Technical Personal information about you if you visit other websites employing our cookies.
- Third parties or publicly available sources. We will receive personal information about you from various third parties as set out below:
- Technical Personal information from:
- analytics providers such as Google Analytics;
- advertising networks such as Google Adwords, DoubleClick, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. We use unique tracking codes in our emails and pixels on our website to allow us to share your technical information with such providers to track use of our site (including the performance of our ads) and to retarget ads.
- Contact, Financial and Transaction Personal information from providers of technical, payment processing and delivery services. Securities or mutual fund donations are processed by our broker.
- Technical Personal information from:
WHY DO WE COLLECT AND USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We will only use your personal information when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal information in the following circumstances:
- Where needed to perform the service you are requesting.
- Where we need to comply with a legal obligation.
Note that we may process your Personal information for more than one lawful basis depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your personal information. Please contact us if you need details about the specific legal ground we are relying on to process your Personal information where more than one ground has been set out in the table below.
- We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal information uses, particularly around marketing and advertising.
- We may use your Identity, Contact, Technical, Usage and Profile Personal information to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which Services may be relevant for you.
- Where Canada’s Antispam Legislation (CASL) applies to Wyld Coffee Company Ltd.’ communications with users, donors or volunteers, Wyld Coffee Company Ltd. is committed to complying with CASL and, in particular, the provisions setting out the requirements for sending commercial electronic messages.
- You will receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or made a donation to a partnered charity through the purchase of one of our products or more and you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
- We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal information with any third party for marketing purposes.
- You can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you or by contacting us at any time. If you are receiving marketing messages from another charity to which you made a donation through our Website through a purchase of one or more of our products and you no longer wish to receive such messages, then you should contact that charity to make this request.
- Where you opt out of receiving these marketing messages, we may continue to use your personal information in order to provide you with the services you have requested from us.
- Where our use of your personal information requires your consent, you can provide such consent:
- at the time we collect your personal information following the instructions provided; or
- by registration through our website
- Change of Purpose
- We will only use your personal information for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us.
- If we need to use your personal information for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
- Please note that we may process your personal information without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
By providing us with Personal information, you acknowledge and agree that your Personal information may be processed in other countries, including the United States, where laws regarding processing of Personal information may be less stringent than the laws in your country. Where necessary to make such transfers, we will comply with our legal and regulatory obligations in relation to the Personal information. This will include putting appropriate contractual safeguards in place to ensure an adequate level of protection for the Personal information. Please contact us if you want further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your Personal information out of Canada.
HOW DO WE PROTECT THE CONFIDENTIALITY AND SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We are committed to keeping the personal information provided to us secure and we will take reasonable precautions to protect personal information from loss, misuse or alteration.
We have implemented information security policies, rules and technical measures that are intended to protect the personal information that we have under our control from:
- unauthorised access;
- improper use or disclosure;
- unauthorised modification; and
- unlawful destruction or accidental loss.
All of our members, employees, workers and personal information processors (i.e. those who process your personal information on our behalf, for the purposes listed above), who have access to, and are associated with, the processing of personal information, are obliged to respect the confidentiality of the personal information of all visitors to the Site and all users of our Services.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal information breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
HOW LONG WILL WE RETAIN YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We will only retain your Personal information for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements. We may retain your Personal information for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your personal information: see your legal rights Section below for further information.
In some circumstances we will anonymise your Personal information (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes, in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
Links to Other Websites